Friday, March 28, 2014

Psalm 16




At Bible study last night, we were on our regular "birdwalk," and the conversation flowed around to trusting God. Several of us spoke of times when we questioned our ability to completely trust. Had we truly given an issue over to God to be worked through divine will? It's easy to say that we trust God, but is it always easy to do? From there our discussion went to those who consider Christians "weak" for trusting God. 

Today, when I began to read Psalm 16, right in verse one was that word "trust." ["Preserve me, O God, for in thee do I put my trust." KJV] I thought of the many ways we can be "preserved" by God. We can be kept alive, kept safe, protected, and spared. We could even be prepared so that we resist spoilage! But it seems as though none of these preservations happen unless we put our trust in God. 

I'll keep thinking about "trust" and "preserving" until next week's Bible study, or until my brain is pickled…wait a minute! Isn't a pickle a preserve, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment