Saturday, March 22, 2014

Aha!


I have been all but overwhelmed by the recent passages of Deuteronomy that have focused on the curses that will come to those who do not keep the covenant.  Yesterday, which was when I meant to post this, I found a breath of fresh air—chapter 30 holds the promise of grace, mercy, and fulfillment.  Two verses from the chapter stood out to me…14 and 19.  And then, when I read Psalm 13, I felt as though the psalmist had captured all I had been feeling, with a reminder of the work we have to do in verse 5: "But I have trusted…"   Aha! Trusted.

As I thought about the readings for March 21, I found that to order them this way: Deut. 29, Deut. 30, and Psalm 13 with Paul bringing it home in Ephesians 2 made great sense to me. Right now, at the end of this long winter, I need a word of hope, and dose of trust.   
Thank you, Lord, for these words, just what I needed to hear today.

1 comment:

  1. I notice you posted this just after Spring had officially started (except someone forgot to officially tell the weather in Maine though!).
    After every winter spring follows without fail in the natural world, so in our lives we too have hope for a spring to follow winter periods. We definitely have to trust in God's unfailing love as verse 5 of Psalm 13 says.

    ReplyDelete