Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Tent of Meeting

In Exodus, Chapter 29, God commands Moses to make a tent of meeting, as a place for worship, "where I will meet with you, to speak to you there.", vs. 42
Here in New England, our spiritual ancestors called their places of worship "meetinghouses", because here, too, they gathered so that God might meet with them.
The tent of meeting was moveable; as a constant reminder that God was moving with the Israelites as they journeyed through the wilderness.  So we meet with God here in Washington County, Maine, and for the same reason:
"And they shall know that I am the Lord their God, who brought them up out of the land of Egypt that I might dwell among them; I am the Lord their God." vs. 46.

1 comment:

  1. When reading I Corinthians as Paul answers questions chapter 7, Paul deals with the question of marriage. When reading the whole chapter, one would find that for Paul, what is more important in this chapter is the coming of the Lord. husband, wife, single, virgin, you can be who you are as long as you put first your preparation, your relation with the Lord, the Lord is coming! The Lord is coming! BE READY. If you are married, don't let your marriage stand on your way concerning your READINESS with the coming of the Lord.
    Paul is not saying that being married is better than being single or virgin. But either married or single, or widow, or divorced, the readiness of Christ return should be first. What he said then to the Corinthians as true today to us.
    What I know today and believe the basic problem of where we stand and as believers are not ready concerning the coming of the Lord is because many of us do not really believe that Christ may come before others read this email. We don't really believe that he can come before I finish writing this email; that I may not go to bed, I may not preach on this wonderful sermon, I am working now, or the trip I AM PLANNING THIS COMING AUGUST MAY NEVER TAKE PLACE BECAUSE THE LORD MAY COME BEFORE THAT. This is a foundamental state of mind 99.9% of us Christians. Why should I not deal with my problem today and talk about God and my relationship with him tomorrow!
    Lord, help- me to be ready. It doesn't matter if you come in few minutes or tomorrow. Met me be ready waiting for your coming. Amen!

    François

    ReplyDelete